GIVE Wangaratta is a community wide initiative to establish a charitable endowment fund for the long term needs and future of Wangaratta, its people, community groups and local non profits.
GIVE Wangaratta is a way local people can support causes they care about. Funds donated will go towards building a local community fund that will provide grants to support local projects, people and initiatives that benefit the public and charitable causes.
GIVE Wangaratta is a sub-fund of the Into Our Hands Community Foundation, an independent philanthropic organisation that has been working with local communities across northeast Victoria since 2010.
The fund is overseen by a local advisory group made up of Wangaratta residents and funds raised are managed and stay in our local community.
The initial goals of the GIVE Wangaratta initiative is to raise enough funds to create an endowed fund that can support grantmaking annually. Grant making will support a range of charitable causes and organisations that are priorities for local people, with particular focus on those that are vulnerable, young people and families.
Donations over $2 are tax-deductible. As a sub-fund of Into Our Hands Community Foundation, GIVE Wangaratta can receive donations of cash, property and shares.
For a discreet conversation about a planned gift to the fund, a bequest, or to learn more, contact Sarah Thompson from the Into Our Hands Community Foundation on 0466 252 866.
To make a donation fill in the form on this page.
GIVE Wangaratta NEWS
GIVE Wangaratta Pitch Up and Grants Available
On Tuesday 26 November GIVE Wangaratta will kick off with PITCH UP Wangaratta, an exciting opportunity for Wangaratta-based social causes or charity groups to gain valuable funding and support.
SAVE THE DATE: 26th November (Tuesday) 2019
VENUE: WPACC- Wangaratta Performing Arts and Convention Centre
early registration : firstname.lastname@example.org
invites and more information in October
Event Details and about the evening
Are you a local organisation, charity group or social enterprise with a big idea or program that needs support to achieve great things for Wangaratta? Do you support children, youth or families in the Wangaratta area or work in a field that supports issues surrounding adolescent mental health?
GIVE Wangaratta is currently seeking three local charitable initiatives or social enterprises to participate in this event. Three finalists will receive:
- Pitch coaching – Professional pitch coaching will help you learn techniques to engage listeners and inspire action and giving to your cause (23 Oct 2019, Melbourne CBD location, time TBC)
- Free invitation to attend a Melbourne-based TFN event to meet donors and philanthropists who give through live crowdfunding (23 Oct 2019, Melbourne CBD location, 5:30pm-8:30pm)
- Matched funding – FRRR has generously provided $10,000 in matched funding for each organisation to match pledges made by our community at the event. That means every dollar raised for your organisation on the night up to $10,000 will be matched dollar for dollar!
- Exposure – This is an opportunity to share your story with new audiences and expand your reach. Event costs proudly donated through June Canavan Foundation.
- In-kind support – Connect with professionals who can help grow your organisation through pro-bono support
How to apply
GIVE Wangaratta aims to generate funding and grants to foster greater opportunity for children, youth and families in our community with particular emphasis on adolescent mental health and supporting those experiencing disadvantage. The fund is broad in who and what it will support and will aim to respond to community issues and priorities over time across the Rural City of Wangaratta (RCOW) boundaries. To apply, please follow the four steps below.
- Read What is TFN Live? to get a sense of what The Funding Network does
- Download and read the ‘Give Wangaratta PITCH UP fact sheet’ here
- Download and read the Advocate Guide here
- Complete and submit your online application here by 5pm on Tuesday 1 October 2019.